That girl can sang. Doesn’t even matter over what kind of beat; when someone can sing, they can SANG. So when Kinfolk 9 songstress Jenilee Reyes released Why I Love U featuring Myke Charles, walked off the NBC stage and straight into the studio, The Sing Off stand outs had no trouble keeping the musical fire’s burning. Reyes’ DJBooth debut takes a strong sip of Cassius’ I Love You, leaving you drunken with dubstep and its powerful bass, while Reyes’ voice pumps even more emphatically over the DJ Hunt rendition, creating the perfect opportunity for Myke Charles to show off his lyricism. Those equally convinced that Reyes can “sang” have even more to look forward as Reyes pushes for to complete her currently untitled and unscheduled mixtape. Until then, for more check out Jenilee’s latest mixtape, Sex, Lock & Lock & Load, over on our partner site RefinedHype.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 12/12/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.