That girl can sang. Doesn’t even matter over what kind of beat; when someone can sing, they can SANG. So when Kinfolk 9 songstress Jenilee Reyes released Why I Love U featuring Myke Charles, walked off the NBC stage and straight into the studio, The Sing Off stand outs had no trouble keeping the musical fire’s burning. Reyes’ DJBooth debut takes a strong sip of Cassius’ I Love You, leaving you drunken with dubstep and its powerful bass, while Reyes’ voice pumps even more emphatically over the DJ Hunt rendition, creating the perfect opportunity for Myke Charles to show off his lyricism. Those equally convinced that Reyes can “sang” have even more to look forward as Reyes pushes for to complete her currently untitled and unscheduled mixtape. Until then, for more check out Jenilee’s latest mixtape, Sex, Lock & Lock & Load, over on our partner site RefinedHype.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.