That girl can sang. Doesn’t even matter over what kind of beat; when someone can sing, they can SANG. So when Kinfolk 9 songstress Jenilee Reyes released Why I Love U featuring Myke Charles, walked off the NBC stage and straight into the studio, The Sing Off stand outs had no trouble keeping the musical fire’s burning. Reyes’ DJBooth debut takes a strong sip of Cassius’ I Love You, leaving you drunken with dubstep and its powerful bass, while Reyes’ voice pumps even more emphatically over the DJ Hunt rendition, creating the perfect opportunity for Myke Charles to show off his lyricism. Those equally convinced that Reyes can “sang” have even more to look forward as Reyes pushes for to complete her currently untitled and unscheduled mixtape. Until then, for more check out Jenilee’s latest mixtape, Sex, Lock & Lock & Load, over on our partner site RefinedHype.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 12/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.