That girl can sang. Doesn’t even matter over what kind of beat; when someone can sing, they can SANG. So when Kinfolk 9 songstress Jenilee Reyes released Why I Love U featuring Myke Charles, walked off the NBC stage and straight into the studio, The Sing Off stand outs had no trouble keeping the musical fire’s burning. Reyes’ DJBooth debut takes a strong sip of Cassius’ I Love You, leaving you drunken with dubstep and its powerful bass, while Reyes’ voice pumps even more emphatically over the DJ Hunt rendition, creating the perfect opportunity for Myke Charles to show off his lyricism. Those equally convinced that Reyes can “sang” have even more to look forward as Reyes pushes for to complete her currently untitled and unscheduled mixtape. Until then, for more check out Jenilee’s latest mixtape, Sex, Lock & Lock & Load, over on our partner site RefinedHype.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 12/12/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.