An indie rhymesayer and beatsmith hailing from Queens, Jemyle Jones makes his first foray into the Booth with a promo single dedicated to his home city. Appropriately enough, N Ya Say NYC is an homage to an East Coast classic. The smooth vibraphone riff and boom-bap percussion from Grand Puba’s ‘95 single, I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are), becomes the backdrop for Jemyle’s tightly-wound bars. The vocal-sampled hook, originally drawn from DeBarge’s I Like It, is also retained. This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.