An indie rhymesayer and beatsmith hailing from Queens, Jemyle Jones makes his first foray into the Booth with a promo single dedicated to his home city. Appropriately enough, N Ya Say NYC is an homage to an East Coast classic. The smooth vibraphone riff and boom-bap percussion from Grand Puba’s ‘95 single, I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are), becomes the backdrop for Jemyle’s tightly-wound bars. The vocal-sampled hook, originally drawn from DeBarge’s I Like It, is also retained. This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.