An indie rhymesayer and beatsmith hailing from Queens, Jemyle Jones makes his first foray into the Booth with a promo single dedicated to his home city. Appropriately enough, N Ya Say NYC is an homage to an East Coast classic. The smooth vibraphone riff and boom-bap percussion from Grand Puba’s ‘95 single, I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are), becomes the backdrop for Jemyle’s tightly-wound bars. The vocal-sampled hook, originally drawn from DeBarge’s I Like It, is also retained. This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.