On Booth debut De La Vega, Jelani gave us a glimpse into his daily life, explaining that, though his pockets could stand to be a little more flush, his musical ambition and the urban landscape around him provide everything he needs for the time being. Now, on new promo single Paradise, the Big Apple up-and-comer shows us the flipside, detailing the fantasies that keep him on his grind. Durkin mans the boards this time ‘round, serving up a triumphant chopped-soul sample instrumental as Jelani dreams of a time when everyone in the city will know his name – and how to pronounce it (“Giuliani? Jelaney?”). Despite having his head in the clouds, the artist packs his bars with wit and practical wisdom, even managing to put a positive spin on a Clipse classic: “Keys open doors, but they also lock cells, I saw it all as a kid, even rock sales…” Does this exuberant banger leave you craving more? While this promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, you can rest assured we in the Booth will bring you all the latest.
Written by richard on 03/21/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.