As those who tuned in for the NYC hopeful’s previous features are well aware, Jelani‘s rhyme style is much more than skin deep. On his latest effort, a new promo single not attached to any forthcoming album, the artist continues this trend, spitting bars packed with “hidden meanings like Japanese Architecture.” Durkin mans the mixing board, crafting a soulful chopped-sample backdrop for the emcee’s multifaceted bars. Jelani still has yet to reveal details on a forthcoming project, but fans in the Booth will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.