As those who tuned in for the NYC hopeful’s previous features are well aware, Jelani‘s rhyme style is much more than skin deep. On his latest effort, a new promo single not attached to any forthcoming album, the artist continues this trend, spitting bars packed with “hidden meanings like Japanese Architecture.” Durkin mans the mixing board, crafting a soulful chopped-sample backdrop for the emcee’s multifaceted bars. Jelani still has yet to reveal details on a forthcoming project, but fans in the Booth will be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 05/24/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.