As Frederick Douglass once said, “Without struggle, there is no progress.” On his latest effort, a previously-unreleased jam recorded back in December of 2010, Big Apple buzzmaker Jelani fills us in on a few of the struggles that made him into the man, and the artist, he is today. Carl Carr produces, crafting a chill, piano-led backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)