As Frederick Douglass once said, “Without struggle, there is no progress.” On his latest effort, a previously-unreleased jam recorded back in December of 2010, Big Apple buzzmaker Jelani fills us in on a few of the struggles that made him into the man, and the artist, he is today. Carl Carr produces, crafting a chill, piano-led backdrop for the emcee’s contemplative rhymes. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest news and tunes from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.