We all have our social pet peeves; on his latest promo single, Away We Go, NYC buzzmaker Jelani shares a few of his. Over producer Durkin‘s soulful, sampled boardwork, the artists vents about his irritation with clubs full of lames and freaks, gold-digging women, and people who try to use him to get to his father, legendary clothier Dapper Dan (So don’t go Tweeting at him looking for free gear, you hear me?). This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.