We all have our social pet peeves; on his latest promo single, Away We Go, NYC buzzmaker Jelani shares a few of his. Over producer Durkin‘s soulful, sampled boardwork, the artists vents about his irritation with clubs full of lames and freaks, gold-digging women, and people who try to use him to get to his father, legendary clothier Dapper Dan (So don’t go Tweeting at him looking for free gear, you hear me?). This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, as always, fans can keep it locked for the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/8/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.