With the social and economic injustice currently reigning supreme in the U.S. and abroad, the American Dream is looking more and more like a nightmare by the the day. On this EP standout and potential single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, Booth newcomer Jeff Jones begs for someone to “Wake Me Up” from the terrifying vision of poverty and violence that surrounds him. Featuring the street-ready production of Track Addicts, this cut will be appearing on Jones’ forthcoming EP,Good Guy Gone Bad; watch for the project to drop in January of 2012.
Written by richard on 10/28/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.