In 2004, Jeff Jones was all set to release his debut album, God Given. Unfortunately, just as the LP was being promoted, the Warner-distributed label he was signed to (Elektra Records) folded, leaving Jones without a deal. Nonetheless, the LA native has kept himself busy writing numerous hooks for producer Poli Paul (Chingy & Midwest City‘s Cadillac Doors, LAX Boyz & Jazze Pha‘s Ride Like This, Shawty Lo, Trey Songz, & Lil Wayne‘s Supplier), and is now finally ready to release his reworked debut album, I Smell Like Smoke Too, later this month. On single I Do What I Want To, the versatile emcee blends the key ingredients of both a street and a radio hit over trunk-rattling production by Will Campbell. Jones’ hit-making power is blindingly clear on this cut, so how long will it be before another major label picks him up again?
Written by Burmy on 01/7/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.