In 2004, Jeff Jones was all set to release his debut album, God Given. Unfortunately, just as the LP was being promoted, the Warner-distributed label he was signed to (Elektra Records) folded, leaving Jones without a deal. Nonetheless, the LA native has kept himself busy writing numerous hooks for producer Poli Paul (Chingy & Midwest City‘s Cadillac Doors, LAX Boyz & Jazze Pha‘s Ride Like This, Shawty Lo, Trey Songz, & Lil Wayne‘s Supplier), and is now finally ready to release his reworked debut album, I Smell Like Smoke Too, later this month. On single I Do What I Want To, the versatile emcee blends the key ingredients of both a street and a radio hit over trunk-rattling production by Will Campbell. Jones’ hit-making power is blindingly clear on this cut, so how long will it be before another major label picks him up again?
Written by Burmy on 01/7/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.