In 2004, Jeff Jones was all set to release his debut album, God Given. Unfortunately, just as the LP was being promoted, the Warner-distributed label he was signed to (Elektra Records) folded, leaving Jones without a deal. Nonetheless, the LA native has kept himself busy writing numerous hooks for producer Poli Paul (Chingy & Midwest City‘s Cadillac Doors, LAX Boyz & Jazze Pha‘s Ride Like This, Shawty Lo, Trey Songz, & Lil Wayne‘s Supplier), and is now finally ready to release his reworked debut album, I Smell Like Smoke Too, later this month. On single I Do What I Want To, the versatile emcee blends the key ingredients of both a street and a radio hit over trunk-rattling production by Will Campbell. Jones’ hit-making power is blindingly clear on this cut, so how long will it be before another major label picks him up again?
Written by Burmy on 01/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hush ft. Midwest City" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.