Although most mainstream audiences have never heard of him, Jeff Jones certainly knows how to make catchy records. Last seen in the Booth with single I Do What I Want To, Jeff is now preparing to drop a new mixtape, after which he will focus on the release of his long-awaited debut album, God Given. Employing rap-ballad formula (arguably the most radio-friendly format of this decade), the Los Angeles native has dedicated his own ballad to a woman who’s been running around him, leaving him in the grips of Dizzy Love. Produced by “Sho” Wilson, Dizzy Love has our recommendation for first official single selection; it would certainly serve the purpose of getting God Given on store shelves. Now, if only Jeff Jones could pick up another deal…
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.