Although most mainstream audiences have never heard of him, Jeff Jones certainly knows how to make catchy records. Last seen in the Booth with single I Do What I Want To, Jeff is now preparing to drop a new mixtape, after which he will focus on the release of his long-awaited debut album, God Given. Employing rap-ballad formula (arguably the most radio-friendly format of this decade), the Los Angeles native has dedicated his own ballad to a woman who’s been running around him, leaving him in the grips of Dizzy Love. Produced by “Sho” Wilson, Dizzy Love has our recommendation for first official single selection; it would certainly serve the purpose of getting God Given on store shelves. Now, if only Jeff Jones could pick up another deal…
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.