As an up-and-coming artist there are several traits that one should likely possess, including but certainly not limited to talent, passion and the Will To Fly. On his latest buzz record, Atlanta-based emcee Jeff Chery tackles that last element. The emcee isn’t afraid to address the fact that he’s living modestly and doesn’t hesitate to call out a few phonies, commenting, “Everybody think they balling/ Ni**as can’t afford to park in a place they trying to ball in.” On top of addressing those with, um, parking troubles, Chery also rhymes about his journey to the top of the game, which becomes even more pronounced given Tan Butta Beats’ Styx-sampled (Castle Wall), bouncy production. Will To Fly isn’t attached to any larger project from Chery, but if you’re in the market for more music from the Freestyle Series alum then take a listen to The Music, featured last month.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/14/12
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.