For most emcees, holding down one city is responsibility enough. Jeff Chery, on the other hand, has taken it upon himself to rep not one, but three ‘hoods—four, if you count his birthplace. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the perennial Booth fave compares his set of loyalties to a Cerberus-like mythological creature: “Born in Haiti, raised in Brooklyn, moved to the A, took trips to L.A… call those the Three Headed Monsters.” Funkybeats’ pensive, piano-laced instrumental, while not exactly funky, is a fittingly cinematic accompaniment to the artist’s lyrical pilgrimage. Due out in September, Chery’s next studio album currently lacks a title. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out his last street release, the free, DJBooth-featured Jetset Vagabond LP?
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.