For most emcees, holding down one city is responsibility enough. Jeff Chery, on the other hand, has taken it upon himself to rep not one, but three ‘hoods—four, if you count his birthplace. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the perennial Booth fave compares his set of loyalties to a Cerberus-like mythological creature: “Born in Haiti, raised in Brooklyn, moved to the A, took trips to L.A… call those the Three Headed Monsters.” Funkybeats’ pensive, piano-laced instrumental, while not exactly funky, is a fittingly cinematic accompaniment to the artist’s lyrical pilgrimage. Due out in September, Chery’s next studio album currently lacks a title. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out his last street release, the free, DJBooth-featured Jetset Vagabond LP?
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.