For most emcees, holding down one city is responsibility enough. Jeff Chery, on the other hand, has taken it upon himself to rep not one, but three ‘hoods—four, if you count his birthplace. On his latest single, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the perennial Booth fave compares his set of loyalties to a Cerberus-like mythological creature: “Born in Haiti, raised in Brooklyn, moved to the A, took trips to L.A… call those the Three Headed Monsters.” Funkybeats’ pensive, piano-laced instrumental, while not exactly funky, is a fittingly cinematic accompaniment to the artist’s lyrical pilgrimage. Due out in September, Chery’s next studio album currently lacks a title. While you’re waiting for further details, why not check out his last street release, the free, DJBooth-featured Jetset Vagabond LP?
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.