Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt – it’s also the force that’s allowed countless men and women to turn a blind eye to clear and present evidence of their partners’ infidelity. Though no guy ever wants to entertain the idea that his girl’s cheating (and, of course, vice versa), self-deception can have dangerous, even fatal consequences, as reader fave/exclusive freestyle series alum Jeff Chery explains on new mixtape leak They Get Around. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this cut finds producer Sam Sneed serving up a melancholy, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental as the emcee spins a cautionary tale illustrating just how quickly things can turn ugly when we let lust overwhelm our better judgment. And that goes, like, quadruple when you have a loaded gun stashed under your mattress. Bad idea, kids. Seriously. If you’re digging this tragic yet dopely-executed jam, you’ll want to grab a copy Chery’s The Transition mixtape when it drops on August 29, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on his and K. Sparks’ DJBooth.net-sponsored collaborative album, Luck of the Draw.
Written by richard on 07/5/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.