Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt – it’s also the force that’s allowed countless men and women to turn a blind eye to clear and present evidence of their partners’ infidelity. Though no guy ever wants to entertain the idea that his girl’s cheating (and, of course, vice versa), self-deception can have dangerous, even fatal consequences, as reader fave/exclusive freestyle series alum Jeff Chery explains on new mixtape leak They Get Around. Making its world premiere in the Booth, this cut finds producer Sam Sneed serving up a melancholy, Chipmunk-sampled instrumental as the emcee spins a cautionary tale illustrating just how quickly things can turn ugly when we let lust overwhelm our better judgment. And that goes, like, quadruple when you have a loaded gun stashed under your mattress. Bad idea, kids. Seriously. If you’re digging this tragic yet dopely-executed jam, you’ll want to grab a copy Chery’s The Transition mixtape when it drops on August 29, as well as keeping it locked for the latest on his and K. Sparks’ DJBooth.net-sponsored collaborative album, Luck of the Draw.
Written by richard on 07/5/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.