El Dorado, Shangri-La, Hyberborea, Atlantis… Beverly Hills? While the utopian “city of gold” that Jeff Chery describes on Someday, the third and final world premiere off his forthcoming mixtape, bears some similarities to the famously affluent neighborhood, his version differs in a few key ways from its real-life model: as the freestyle series alum explains over Katapullt‘s blissfully catchy blend of Chipmunk samples and glossy synths, the place he’s talking about has all the glamor and luxury of the Hills, with none of the cost; in fact, everyone gets to live like a millionaire. Not only that, but citizens can enjoy a little weed without the authorities killing their buzz, and once-fatal diseases are no longer a concern: “It’s free to get high if you smoke, but no Amsterdam / and we killed off AIDS, plus fired the cancer man.” If only! While it may be quite a while before Someday becomes a reality, fans won’t have to wait much longer to hear more fresh tunes from Jeff Chery. His Booth-sponsored The Transition street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download tomorrow, October 20.
Written by richard on 10/18/10
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.