In the music game, artists are often so eager to get a leg up that they don’t stop to think about precisely who they’re dealing with. Not Jeff Chery; sharper than your average emcee, the freestyle series alum and reader fave only has ears for those who keep it one-hundred – Posers can take their business elsewhere. On this unreleased buzz record, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Chery informs the lames and the haters that he’s too fresh to pay them any mind. Flowing over the street-ready, rock-infused boardwork of Funkybeats, the ATL resident drops braggadocio-packed bars that should persuade even the most discerning heads that he’s ahead of the pack. Not to mention, any English majors in the house will enjoy hearing J.C. deliver the first Walt Whitman name-drop in rap history (Pedantic readers are welcome – nay, encouraged – to prove me wrong on that one). This exclusive joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it should keep their browsers locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.