In the music game, artists are often so eager to get a leg up that they don’t stop to think about precisely who they’re dealing with. Not Jeff Chery; sharper than your average emcee, the freestyle series alum and reader fave only has ears for those who keep it one-hundred – Posers can take their business elsewhere. On this unreleased buzz record, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Chery informs the lames and the haters that he’s too fresh to pay them any mind. Flowing over the street-ready, rock-infused boardwork of Funkybeats, the ATL resident drops braggadocio-packed bars that should persuade even the most discerning heads that he’s ahead of the pack. Not to mention, any English majors in the house will enjoy hearing J.C. deliver the first Walt Whitman name-drop in rap history (Pedantic readers are welcome – nay, encouraged – to prove me wrong on that one). This exclusive joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it should keep their browsers locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)