In the music game, artists are often so eager to get a leg up that they don’t stop to think about precisely who they’re dealing with. Not Jeff Chery; sharper than your average emcee, the freestyle series alum and reader fave only has ears for those who keep it one-hundred – Posers can take their business elsewhere. On this unreleased buzz record, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Chery informs the lames and the haters that he’s too fresh to pay them any mind. Flowing over the street-ready, rock-infused boardwork of Funkybeats, the ATL resident drops braggadocio-packed bars that should persuade even the most discerning heads that he’s ahead of the pack. Not to mention, any English majors in the house will enjoy hearing J.C. deliver the first Walt Whitman name-drop in rap history (Pedantic readers are welcome – nay, encouraged – to prove me wrong on that one). This exclusive joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it should keep their browsers locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.