What’s Jeff Chery been up to since the late-March arrival over his long-awaited (but well worth the wait) Going Against the Grain mix-album? I’m glad you asked, because the answer is, like, totally cool: the ATL-based emcee has been hard at work on a collaborative project with fellow reader fave K. Sparks, his partner on reader-acclaimed cuts like For the Taken and No Competition. Semi-ironically considering the title, the inaugural leak (making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds Chery flying solo. The Pair in question are actually women – two pairs of women who turn out to represent two pairs of kicks. Over P. Haze‘s mellow, dreamy production, the ATL-based rapper showcases his game-spitting abilities, all the while internally pondering which of the ladies/shoes in question he’d ultimately like to settle down with. Though a little convoluted in concept, it all comes together nicely in execution. If you’re digging this creative cut, keep it locked for the latest on Chery and Sparks’ collaborative set, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.