What’s Jeff Chery been up to since the late-March arrival over his long-awaited (but well worth the wait) Going Against the Grain mix-album? I’m glad you asked, because the answer is, like, totally cool: the ATL-based emcee has been hard at work on a collaborative project with fellow reader fave K. Sparks, his partner on reader-acclaimed cuts like For the Taken and No Competition. Semi-ironically considering the title, the inaugural leak (making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds Chery flying solo. The Pair in question are actually women – two pairs of women who turn out to represent two pairs of kicks. Over P. Haze‘s mellow, dreamy production, the ATL-based rapper showcases his game-spitting abilities, all the while internally pondering which of the ladies/shoes in question he’d ultimately like to settle down with. Though a little convoluted in concept, it all comes together nicely in execution. If you’re digging this creative cut, keep it locked for the latest on Chery and Sparks’ collaborative set, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.