What’s Jeff Chery been up to since the late-March arrival over his long-awaited (but well worth the wait) Going Against the Grain mix-album? I’m glad you asked, because the answer is, like, totally cool: the ATL-based emcee has been hard at work on a collaborative project with fellow reader fave K. Sparks, his partner on reader-acclaimed cuts like For the Taken and No Competition. Semi-ironically considering the title, the inaugural leak (making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds Chery flying solo. The Pair in question are actually women – two pairs of women who turn out to represent two pairs of kicks. Over P. Haze‘s mellow, dreamy production, the ATL-based rapper showcases his game-spitting abilities, all the while internally pondering which of the ladies/shoes in question he’d ultimately like to settle down with. Though a little convoluted in concept, it all comes together nicely in execution. If you’re digging this creative cut, keep it locked for the latest on Chery and Sparks’ collaborative set, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.