What’s Jeff Chery been up to since the late-March arrival over his long-awaited (but well worth the wait) Going Against the Grain mix-album? I’m glad you asked, because the answer is, like, totally cool: the ATL-based emcee has been hard at work on a collaborative project with fellow reader fave K. Sparks, his partner on reader-acclaimed cuts like For the Taken and No Competition. Semi-ironically considering the title, the inaugural leak (making its world premiere in the Booth!) finds Chery flying solo. The Pair in question are actually women – two pairs of women who turn out to represent two pairs of kicks. Over P. Haze‘s mellow, dreamy production, the ATL-based rapper showcases his game-spitting abilities, all the while internally pondering which of the ladies/shoes in question he’d ultimately like to settle down with. Though a little convoluted in concept, it all comes together nicely in execution. If you’re digging this creative cut, keep it locked for the latest on Chery and Sparks’ collaborative set, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 05/6/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.