Upon hearing the first few seconds of Jeff Chery’s latest single, Patience, I immediately recognized the source material. Producer DZO Beatz sampled Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager’s How Long Will it Last, which was also the foundation of one of my favorite songs off of one of my favorite albums ever; Masta Ace’s Da Grind from A Long Hot Summer. Thankfully, I am happy to report that Chery did the sample justice, thanks to his thoughtful bars and intriguing flow. As the beat saunters, Chery stresses the importance of patience when faced with adversity. Guest Joe Cash Mahall adds yet another element to the already diverse track, manning the hook with an Auto-Tuned effort. Patience is not attached to Chery’s Jetset Vagabond album, which was recently released and is available for stream and download via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/13
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)