Upon hearing the first few seconds of Jeff Chery’s latest single, Patience, I immediately recognized the source material. Producer DZO Beatz sampled Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager’s How Long Will it Last, which was also the foundation of one of my favorite songs off of one of my favorite albums ever; Masta Ace’s Da Grind from A Long Hot Summer. Thankfully, I am happy to report that Chery did the sample justice, thanks to his thoughtful bars and intriguing flow. As the beat saunters, Chery stresses the importance of patience when faced with adversity. Guest Joe Cash Mahall adds yet another element to the already diverse track, manning the hook with an Auto-Tuned effort. Patience is not attached to Chery’s Jetset Vagabond album, which was recently released and is available for stream and download via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)