Upon hearing the first few seconds of Jeff Chery’s latest single, Patience, I immediately recognized the source material. Producer DZO Beatz sampled Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager’s How Long Will it Last, which was also the foundation of one of my favorite songs off of one of my favorite albums ever; Masta Ace’s Da Grind from A Long Hot Summer. Thankfully, I am happy to report that Chery did the sample justice, thanks to his thoughtful bars and intriguing flow. As the beat saunters, Chery stresses the importance of patience when faced with adversity. Guest Joe Cash Mahall adds yet another element to the already diverse track, manning the hook with an Auto-Tuned effort. Patience is not attached to Chery’s Jetset Vagabond album, which was recently released and is available for stream and download via The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/5/13
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.