Upon hearing the first few seconds of Jeff Chery’s latest single, Patience, I immediately recognized the source material. Producer DZO Beatz sampled Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager’s How Long Will it Last, which was also the foundation of one of my favorite songs off of one of my favorite albums ever; Masta Ace’s Da Grind from A Long Hot Summer. Thankfully, I am happy to report that Chery did the sample justice, thanks to his thoughtful bars and intriguing flow. As the beat saunters, Chery stresses the importance of patience when faced with adversity. Guest Joe Cash Mahall adds yet another element to the already diverse track, manning the hook with an Auto-Tuned effort. Patience is not attached to Chery’s Jetset Vagabond album, which was recently released and is available for stream and download via The DJBooth.
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.