The rap game has a tendency to chew unwary artists up and spit them out, but Jeff Chery knows for a fact that he’s made of sterner stuff than the average emcee. On Fearless, the first of two exclusive world premieres set to hit the Booth prior to the release of his long-awaited Going Against the Grain mix-album, the rapper formerly known as Pay$0z informs fans that, as far as he’s concerned, nobody in the industry poses a threat to his hustle. Producer Jimmy Chiba mirrors the artist’s determination on the production tip, serving up a tense, spacey synth instrumental with a few well-placed vocal samples. Not seen in the Booth since summer ‘09, Harlems Cash jumps on board for a pop-referential middle verse, and singer Kalaj Dame rounds out the lineup, tying it all together with some studio-enhanced hook vocals. The steadfast mindset J.C. exhibits here is sure to take him far; those interested in accompanying the rising star on his journey to the top can hear more on GatG when it hits our front page March 23. In the meantime, keep it locked for world premiere numero dos off the DJBooth.net-sponsored project.
Written by richard on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.