After over a year of waiting, Jeff Chery‘s Booth-sponsored Going Against the Grain street album is so close I can almost taste it. What does it taste like? Beats me – it was just a figure of speech. If you really want to know, I guess you’ll just have to try… licking your headphones. Anyway, today we are proud to present the project’s very last leak, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Cuttin finds the ATL-based emcee rejoining forces with Champion/Milf collaborator Ray Lavender to craft one of the more creatively freaky bedroom jams to hit the Booth in a minute. With producer J. Hot‘s sparse, synth-percussion beat simmering in the background, Chery spits a cornucopia of colorful come-ons, from the relatively conventional (“They gonna have to carry that p***y out on a stretcher.) to the best-not-thought-too-hard-about (“I can get you open wider than a magazine.”). Topped off with Lavender’s smooth-as-ever chorus vocals, Cuttin’ can be found, along with previously-premiered track Fearless and much more on GAtG, arriving on our front page next Tuesday, March 23. In the meantime, fans who haven’t already should be sure to check out J.C.‘s recent interview with DJ Z.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.