After over a year of waiting, Jeff Chery‘s Booth-sponsored Going Against the Grain street album is so close I can almost taste it. What does it taste like? Beats me – it was just a figure of speech. If you really want to know, I guess you’ll just have to try… licking your headphones. Anyway, today we are proud to present the project’s very last leak, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. Cuttin finds the ATL-based emcee rejoining forces with Champion/Milf collaborator Ray Lavender to craft one of the more creatively freaky bedroom jams to hit the Booth in a minute. With producer J. Hot‘s sparse, synth-percussion beat simmering in the background, Chery spits a cornucopia of colorful come-ons, from the relatively conventional (“They gonna have to carry that p***y out on a stretcher.) to the best-not-thought-too-hard-about (“I can get you open wider than a magazine.”). Topped off with Lavender’s smooth-as-ever chorus vocals, Cuttin’ can be found, along with previously-premiered track Fearless and much more on GAtG, arriving on our front page next Tuesday, March 23. In the meantime, fans who haven’t already should be sure to check out J.C.‘s recent interview with DJ Z.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)