Those who have been following Jeff Chery‘s Booth career since way back when he called himself “Pay$0z” know that the artist’s life trajectory has led him all the way from Haiti, to Flatbrush, Brooklyn, to Atlanta and back to NYC. If you ask Chery where he Come From however, he’ll answer you without a moment’s hesitation – B.K., all the way! Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, leak numero dos off the freestyle series alumnus’ forthcoming mixtape finds him waxing poetic about the neighborhood that served as backdrop for his formative years. Over a Scott Armstrong laid-back, street-ready bass/synth groove, Chery expresses his pride to hail from the same streets as one of rap’s all-time greats (“I came from the place that B.I.G. lived / Shoes big as f*ck – wonder if I can fit in.”), and revisits his days slinging dope on the corner. Digging this fresh expression of hometown pride? You can find this joint, the K. Sparks-assisted I Bet He’s Nice, and much more on J.C.‘s Booth-sponsored The Transition street album, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download October 19.
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.