Those who have been following Jeff Chery‘s Booth career since way back when he called himself “Pay$0z” know that the artist’s life trajectory has led him all the way from Haiti, to Flatbrush, Brooklyn, to Atlanta and back to NYC. If you ask Chery where he Come From however, he’ll answer you without a moment’s hesitation – B.K., all the way! Making its world premiere right here at DJBooth.net, leak numero dos off the freestyle series alumnus’ forthcoming mixtape finds him waxing poetic about the neighborhood that served as backdrop for his formative years. Over a Scott Armstrong laid-back, street-ready bass/synth groove, Chery expresses his pride to hail from the same streets as one of rap’s all-time greats (“I came from the place that B.I.G. lived / Shoes big as f*ck – wonder if I can fit in.”), and revisits his days slinging dope on the corner. Digging this fresh expression of hometown pride? You can find this joint, the K. Sparks-assisted I Bet He’s Nice, and much more on J.C.‘s Booth-sponsored The Transition street album, set to hit our mixtape page for free streaming and download October 19.
Written by richard on 10/6/10
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.