Don’t let the name fool you – there’s nothing sweet about Jeff Chery‘s newly premiered single 3x (Cocaine, Caviar, Conversation). The song starts off with an ominous bell toll, not unlike the opening of ‘Pac’s Hail Mary so you already know you’re in for some pretty dark material. The Freestyle Series alum has some things to get off his chest, and the pounding beat by Tan Butta Beats provides a sparse background that allows the focus to remain on Chery’s word play. Not one to hold back or mince words, Jeff Chery makes it clear that he’s not in the best position, but he’s got ambition to attain the 3 Cs named in the title of the track. While this particular single isn’t attached to any upcoming projects, now’s just as good a time as any to get familiar with Jeff Chery’s previous songs on DJBooth; and believe us, there are a lot.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.