Don’t let the name fool you – there’s nothing sweet about Jeff Chery‘s newly premiered single 3x (Cocaine, Caviar, Conversation). The song starts off with an ominous bell toll, not unlike the opening of ‘Pac’s Hail Mary so you already know you’re in for some pretty dark material. The Freestyle Series alum has some things to get off his chest, and the pounding beat by Tan Butta Beats provides a sparse background that allows the focus to remain on Chery’s word play. Not one to hold back or mince words, Jeff Chery makes it clear that he’s not in the best position, but he’s got ambition to attain the 3 Cs named in the title of the track. While this particular single isn’t attached to any upcoming projects, now’s just as good a time as any to get familiar with Jeff Chery’s previous songs on DJBooth; and believe us, there are a lot.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 07/5/11
Submit your Rating
Team Rsinal Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Starz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.