I never thought of Jeezy as the kind of guy who’d be big on crying, and it turns out my intuition was correct. Though you won’t catch him shedding No Tears, there’s pain beneath his steely facade, as he reveals on the latest single off his fifth LP. This record is more pop-oriented than you’d expect both from Jeezy and the man behind the boards. Mike WiLL Made it eschews block-rocking trap beats in favor of an airy, anthemic keyboard groove driven by a leisurely break. Future lends his trademark Auto-Tuned vocals to the hook, and an unknown director handles the official visuals, shot in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Seen It All: The Autobiography is set to drop September 2. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and videos.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.