I never thought of Jeezy as the kind of guy who’d be big on crying, and it turns out my intuition was correct. Though you won’t catch him shedding No Tears, there’s pain beneath his steely facade, as he reveals on the latest single off his fifth LP. This record is more pop-oriented than you’d expect both from Jeezy and the man behind the boards. Mike WiLL Made it eschews block-rocking trap beats in favor of an airy, anthemic keyboard groove driven by a leisurely break. Future lends his trademark Auto-Tuned vocals to the hook, and an unknown director handles the official visuals, shot in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Seen It All: The Autobiography is set to drop September 2. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles and videos.
Written by richard on 08/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.