When Jeezy released Lose My Mind I had mixed feelings. Sure, the Drumma Boy produced knock-fest was sonically triumphant and Mr. Trap or Die’s hook was more infectious than the swine flu. But having Plies do a guest verse? That was more like an allergic reaction. Luckily, Jeezy recruits a much sicker emcee for the song’s latest remix as the fan-tested and mother-approved Drake lends his vocals to the menacing banger. Claiming that he “kinda sorta” loves women (yeah right lover guy), Drake delivers a quick 16 full of stunting without sounding out of place. And although he isn’t at his most lyrical here - “all seeing I (eye)/ my, I (eye) seen it all” - the Canadian heartthrob manages to drop this verse at the perfect time: the song premiered at last night’s BET Awards, he mentions monstrous first week sales of Thank Me Later and silences haters. Rappers: take note, this is how to drop a track in style. If this doesn’t do it, maybe you’ll get motivated to pick up a copy of Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 when it drops soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.