When Jeezy released Lose My Mind I had mixed feelings. Sure, the Drumma Boy produced knock-fest was sonically triumphant and Mr. Trap or Die’s hook was more infectious than the swine flu. But having Plies do a guest verse? That was more like an allergic reaction. Luckily, Jeezy recruits a much sicker emcee for the song’s latest remix as the fan-tested and mother-approved Drake lends his vocals to the menacing banger. Claiming that he “kinda sorta” loves women (yeah right lover guy), Drake delivers a quick 16 full of stunting without sounding out of place. And although he isn’t at his most lyrical here - “all seeing I (eye)/ my, I (eye) seen it all” - the Canadian heartthrob manages to drop this verse at the perfect time: the song premiered at last night’s BET Awards, he mentions monstrous first week sales of Thank Me Later and silences haters. Rappers: take note, this is how to drop a track in style. If this doesn’t do it, maybe you’ll get motivated to pick up a copy of Jeezy’s Thug Motivation 103 when it drops soon.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 06/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.