When Jeezy and Lil’ Jon step into the recording booth together, listeners expect something big, bombastic and totally over-the-top. Well, I’m pleased to announce that Jizzle, the newly-released lead single off the former’s forthcoming senior set, fits the bill and then some. Over a Shawty Redd-produced instrumental that sounds something like Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries performed in the middle of a power-tool convention, the legendary trapper launches into an epic bout of sh*t-talking, peppering his verses with some of the most outrageous boasts I’ve heard in a minute (it’s not every day you hear a rapper brag about hatin’ so much he “should be a f**king Nazi.”). For his part, the Crunk King doesn’t disappoint, shouting his way through bars that would leave a lesser man’s vocal cords in tatters. So, Jeezy devotees, is Jizzle everything you hoped for in a lead single? Whatever your opinion, you’ll be able to hear plenty more from the Florida heavyweight on September 28, when Thug Motivation 103 hits store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.