When Jeezy and Lil’ Jon step into the recording booth together, listeners expect something big, bombastic and totally over-the-top. Well, I’m pleased to announce that Jizzle, the newly-released lead single off the former’s forthcoming senior set, fits the bill and then some. Over a Shawty Redd-produced instrumental that sounds something like Wagner’s Ride of the Valkyries performed in the middle of a power-tool convention, the legendary trapper launches into an epic bout of sh*t-talking, peppering his verses with some of the most outrageous boasts I’ve heard in a minute (it’s not every day you hear a rapper brag about hatin’ so much he “should be a f**king Nazi.”). For his part, the Crunk King doesn’t disappoint, shouting his way through bars that would leave a lesser man’s vocal cords in tatters. So, Jeezy devotees, is Jizzle everything you hoped for in a lead single? Whatever your opinion, you’ll be able to hear plenty more from the Florida heavyweight on September 28, when Thug Motivation 103 hits store shelves and online retailers.
Written by richard on 07/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.