Like Bow Wow, Romeo, Diddy, and the Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays before him, the artist formerly known as Young Jeezy has cut down the fat on his name and is now officially, and simply, Jeezy (not that anyone thought he was that young to begin with). Minor changes aside, Jay Jenkins is back to his old form, making heavy-hitting bangers such as his latest track, Greatest Trapper Alive. With a fast paced production reminiscent of an 80’s car chase soundtrack, Needlz provides the momentum that allows Jeezy to flow through his classic witticisms with ease (“Like an illiterate *****, I hope I never see a pen.”). If you liked the return of Jeezy to your headphones, be sure to look out for his Trap or Die 2: By All Means Necessary mixtape, the official prelude to TM103. Oh, and if you need any more anticipation for the album drop, check out this link. As always Booth Heads, keep it locked here for more.
Listen to More: Jeezy
Written by Sigurd on 04/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Grew Up a Screw Up ft. Young Jeezy" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.