Outside, the sun may be shining and the birds may be chirping, but here in the the Booth the forecast is a little different; now that Gary, Indiana phenom Freddie Gibbs has officially aligned himself with Young Jeezy‘s Corporate Thugz Entertainment, it’s looking like “Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow!” for the foreseeable future. Though the deal was inked last month, today brings us the first fruits of Gangster Gibbs and Lil J’s partnership. Stripes (Run D MC) is a swagged-out take on Jeezy’s coke-rap formula, with Lil Lody cooking up a clattering synth-percussion backdrop for a veritable blizzard of dope slang. Gibbs is all business on the front, forgoing his usual hyperkinetic flow to match his new boss’ more measured brand of block talk. After the Midwest repper’s finished flaunting his entrepreneurial acumen and dodging the five-o, the Snowman brings the cut home with some of his trademark “Tony Montana sh* t.” So, readers, are Gibbs and Jeezy a match made in heaven? Debate away – and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes from both.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.