Outside, the sun may be shining and the birds may be chirping, but here in the the Booth the forecast is a little different; now that Gary, Indiana phenom Freddie Gibbs has officially aligned himself with Young Jeezy‘s Corporate Thugz Entertainment, it’s looking like “Snow! Snow! Snow! Snow!” for the foreseeable future. Though the deal was inked last month, today brings us the first fruits of Gangster Gibbs and Lil J’s partnership. Stripes (Run D MC) is a swagged-out take on Jeezy’s coke-rap formula, with Lil Lody cooking up a clattering synth-percussion backdrop for a veritable blizzard of dope slang. Gibbs is all business on the front, forgoing his usual hyperkinetic flow to match his new boss’ more measured brand of block talk. After the Midwest repper’s finished flaunting his entrepreneurial acumen and dodging the five-o, the Snowman brings the cut home with some of his trademark “Tony Montana sh* t.” So, readers, are Gibbs and Jeezy a match made in heaven? Debate away – and, as always, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes from both.
Written by richard on 05/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bobble Head" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.