All signs are pointing to the new year starting off on the right foot. Just three days into 2012 and we’ve got a new single along with the promise of a new album from Brooklyn emcee Jean Grae. Anyone familiar with Grae can vouch for her lively, outspoken persona, sharp tongue and acerbic wit both in her music and live shows, as well as around the Interwebs. Conversely, anyone who knows Jean Grae’s body of work is also aware that she has a knack for flawlessly delivering introspective verses and conveying personal reflection. New release U&Me&EveryoneWeKnow is right on time as people shake off the remnants of the previous year and look forward to what lies ahead with the knowledge gained from past experiences. With quiet but moving production from M-Phazes that includes an extended intro we get the sense that we’re overhearing a private conversation or Jean’s inner thoughts as opposed to a hip-hop song. U&Me&EveryoneWeKnow will appear on Jean Grae’s currently unscheduled album Cake of Death, a follow up to her The DJBooth-hosted album Cookies or Comas mixtape.
Listen to More: Jean Grae
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 01/3/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Thing (Remix) ft. Ne-Yo & Jean Grae" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.