A growing trend, followed most notably by rappers Jay-Z, Biggie and Trick Daddy, is to carry a female MC under your wing. The next to join that club (believe it or not) is Talib Kweli, who has added successful underground rapper Jean Grae to his Blacksmith label. Similar to work released by Foxy, Kim and Trina, Jean puts out the sensually-charged single, Love Thirst. What sets this go-round apart, however, is that Ms. Grae’s brand of baby making music sounds more like Common‘s Go than Luda‘s What’s Your Fantasy. Let’s just say there’s actually some love involved this time. Bringing along the aphrodisiac is producer 9th Wonder; Grae’s fifth studio album, Jeanius, hits shelves later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Thing (Remix) ft. Ne-Yo & Jean Grae" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.