A growing trend, followed most notably by rappers Jay-Z, Biggie and Trick Daddy, is to carry a female MC under your wing. The next to join that club (believe it or not) is Talib Kweli, who has added successful underground rapper Jean Grae to his Blacksmith label. Similar to work released by Foxy, Kim and Trina, Jean puts out the sensually-charged single, Love Thirst. What sets this go-round apart, however, is that Ms. Grae’s brand of baby making music sounds more like Common‘s Go than Luda‘s What’s Your Fantasy. Let’s just say there’s actually some love involved this time. Bringing along the aphrodisiac is producer 9th Wonder; Grae’s fifth studio album, Jeanius, hits shelves later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Thing (Remix) ft. Ne-Yo & Jean Grae" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.