A growing trend, followed most notably by rappers Jay-Z, Biggie and Trick Daddy, is to carry a female MC under your wing. The next to join that club (believe it or not) is Talib Kweli, who has added successful underground rapper Jean Grae to his Blacksmith label. Similar to work released by Foxy, Kim and Trina, Jean puts out the sensually-charged single, Love Thirst. What sets this go-round apart, however, is that Ms. Grae’s brand of baby making music sounds more like Common‘s Go than Luda‘s What’s Your Fantasy. Let’s just say there’s actually some love involved this time. Bringing along the aphrodisiac is producer 9th Wonder; Grae’s fifth studio album, Jeanius, hits shelves later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hot Thing (Remix) ft. Ne-Yo & Jean Grae" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.