Instead of taking the conventional approach and tossing fans a series of unrelated loosies, Chi-town soul songstress (and Booth newcomer) Jean Deaux has developed her RAW series around an intriguing theme: foregoing the usual process of penning a song, recording it and polishing it in the studio, she’s decided to release joints that are completely “unwritten, unmixed and unmastered.” Still, Alone hardly feels like a rough draft. The artist’s emotive verses, addressed to a man with whom she wants to spend her every waking moment, blend with Nico Segal and THEMpeople‘s soulful, eclectic production to form a record that’s elegant and holistic, yet appealingly off-the-cuff. Interest piqued? Then keep your browsers locked to our front page for further RAW highlights, as well as updates on anything else Jean Deaux might have in the works.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.