Instead of taking the conventional approach and tossing fans a series of unrelated loosies, Chi-town soul songstress (and Booth newcomer) Jean Deaux has developed her RAW series around an intriguing theme: foregoing the usual process of penning a song, recording it and polishing it in the studio, she’s decided to release joints that are completely “unwritten, unmixed and unmastered.” Still, Alone hardly feels like a rough draft. The artist’s emotive verses, addressed to a man with whom she wants to spend her every waking moment, blend with Nico Segal and THEMpeople‘s soulful, eclectic production to form a record that’s elegant and holistic, yet appealingly off-the-cuff. Interest piqued? Then keep your browsers locked to our front page for further RAW highlights, as well as updates on anything else Jean Deaux might have in the works.
Written by richard on 09/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.