Having heard enough hype about American boys, Puerto Rican-born Jean has devoted his latest freestyle to a Caribbean Girl. The track, which is recorded over Estelle‘s hit single American Boy, showcases Jean fusing elements of soul, hip-hop, and R&B into his traditional Latin flair. Produced by William James Adams, better known to many as will.i.am, Caribbean Girl has the potential to catch many an ear because of Jean’s sonic flexibility. The bilingual artist, who has worked with such artists as Trey Songz, Baby Bash, and Mario Vazquez, will puts his skills as a singer, songwriter, and producer to the test when he drops his forthcoming mixtape, Jeaniusmusiq.
Written by Amanda S. on 07/9/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Voices in My Head" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.