Up-and-coming artists have been utilizing networking websites to help launch their careers, ever since the popularity of MySpace and YouTube helped the artist formerly known as Soulja Boy rise to fame. And the next in line is… 16-year-old rapper JDoe, a Western New Yorker, who spits his game over the bass-knocking new single, Drum Roll. While the young stunna gets it poppin’ over a crunk beat (produced by fellow Buffalonian, The Future), the boy doesn’t rhyme about trivial high school issues like girls, kicks and haters. Creating a dance contest via his website to help introduce his lifestyle, JDoe has already begun his own career drum roll. His debut album, The Voice: The Answer, is slated for release in early ‘09.
Written by Erica L. on 05/21/08
Submit your Rating
Judgement Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.