Last week, J*DaVeY lit the fuse on their next independent full-length with Deadly, a seductive cut that won positive reviews from our readership. Not about to give that momentum a chance to die down, the Los Angeles twosome’s already back with single numero dos. On this left-of-center jam, frontwoman Miss Jack Davey contemplates The Ruins of a past relationship, addressing her ex-man in flowed verses and a smoky, sung hook. Brook D’Leau mirrors her emotional ambivalence on the production tip, filling his beat with unsteady piano chords and disorienting panned synths. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of J*DaVeY’s ROOKIE EP.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.