Last week, J*DaVeY lit the fuse on their next independent full-length with Deadly, a seductive cut that won positive reviews from our readership. Not about to give that momentum a chance to die down, the Los Angeles twosome’s already back with single numero dos. On this left-of-center jam, frontwoman Miss Jack Davey contemplates The Ruins of a past relationship, addressing her ex-man in flowed verses and a smoky, sung hook. Brook D’Leau mirrors her emotional ambivalence on the production tip, filling his beat with unsteady piano chords and disorienting panned synths. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for more fresh cuts leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of J*DaVeY’s ROOKIE EP.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.