Last we heard from JD Era, on the latest leak off The Real Frequency‘s New North compilation, he’d set out in search of Change. Change in the abstract, societal sense, that is—when it comes to currency, the T-Dot representative isn’t about to settle for a handful of quarters. On Pay Day 2, the lead single off Era’s Ice H2O debut, the artist announces his intent to accumulate the kind of cash necessary to provide security for his friends and family, and make an indelible mark on the game in the process. Luckily for the up-and-comer, he’s got a mentor to match the colossal scale of his ambitions; joining his protégé over Snaz’ funky sample work (laced with interview snippets from late legends Biggie and Pac), Raekwon calls the shots in a tightly-wound middle verse: “Be cool gangsta, yo, hold this hundred dollar bill / Wash the whip up and we can get a lotta scrill.” Under the Wu-Tang heavyweight’s wing, there’s little doubt in my mind that the Canadian emcee will make good on his lofty plans. If you’d like to accompany him on the latest leg of his journey to the top, stay tuned; Handouts has yet to receive a solid drop date, but you’ll be the first to know when that changes.
Written by richard on 09/5/11
Submit your Rating
Black Market Music Group/Ice H2O
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.