Though I enjoy the occasional rock concert, I generally can’t stand the crowds—nine times out of ten, I’ll end up watching some band play their hearts out to a bunch of motionless, skinny-jeaned kids who, by all appearances, are holding a competition to see who can look the most bored. At a particularly lively show, you might see some greasy-haired headbanging and arrhythmic toe-tapping; what you definitely won’t see are the kind of moves JD Era, an up-and-comer introduced to the Booth via Solitair‘s Can’t Front, describes on his first solo feature. On newly-leaked album track Rock N Roll, the Canadian emcee teams up with T-Dot phenom and Booth darling Drake to pay tribute to a fine female who’s burning up the dancefloor. Complete with a sparse, Boi-1da-produced beat driven by Casio-style pipe organ, this cut may not be all that “rock”-sounding, but it’s perfect for rollin’ down the city streets, and should sound equally at home in the clubs. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to our frontpage for release details on his forthcoming, currently-untitled LP.
Written by richard on 08/16/09
Submit your Rating
Black Market Music Group/Ice H2O
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.