Last we heard from JD Era, the up-and-comer was spitting about his desire to become World Famous alongside ATL twosome The Canz. Well, turns out achieving international renown was only the beginning of his scheme for hip-hop domination – as the T-Dot native reveals in his latest solo single, he’s hoping to use that clout to shake The Foundations of the whole damn game. Savillion cooks up an instrumental befitting the headliner’s towering ambitions, flipping a sample from David Axelrod album Earth Rot into a thundering, brass-driven beat. Lyrically, Era goes for broke, bombarding his rivals with imperious trash talk and dropping boasts that demand to be quoted. Literally: “My real fans know that they can count on a quote, so they listen to my words like a tale from the Pope.” JD Era can certainly talk the talk, but does he have what it takes to achieve true hip-hop supremacy? Never say never – but I’ll leave it to readers to speculate. In the meantime, those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where Foundation came from on the artist’s Peter Parker/Dow Jones-hosted Free Trade Agreement street album, coming soon.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
Black Market Music Group/Ice H2O
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.