Last we heard from JD Era, the up-and-comer was spitting about his desire to become World Famous alongside ATL twosome The Canz. Well, turns out achieving international renown was only the beginning of his scheme for hip-hop domination – as the T-Dot native reveals in his latest solo single, he’s hoping to use that clout to shake The Foundations of the whole damn game. Savillion cooks up an instrumental befitting the headliner’s towering ambitions, flipping a sample from David Axelrod album Earth Rot into a thundering, brass-driven beat. Lyrically, Era goes for broke, bombarding his rivals with imperious trash talk and dropping boasts that demand to be quoted. Literally: “My real fans know that they can count on a quote, so they listen to my words like a tale from the Pope.” JD Era can certainly talk the talk, but does he have what it takes to achieve true hip-hop supremacy? Never say never – but I’ll leave it to readers to speculate. In the meantime, those who like what they’re hearing can find plenty more where Foundation came from on the artist’s Peter Parker/Dow Jones-hosted Free Trade Agreement street album, coming soon.
Written by richard on 03/7/11
Submit your Rating
Black Market Music Group/Ice H2O
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Front ft. JD Era & Joell Ortiz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.