J. Capri‘s last Booth feature may have found the emcee getting Empowered over a hard-hitting beat by Johnny Juliano, but don’t think for a second that he does what he does simply to increase his own clout. On the contrary – as the First in Flight State representative explains on this newly-leaked mixtape inclusion, it’s All For You, the listener. The Counselor mans the boards, serving up an emotionally fraught, string-sampled instrumental as Capri fills fans in on what’s been on his mind lately. Following an opener packed with larger-than-life braggadocio and pop-referential trash talk (there’s even a Pootie Tang reference in there), the headliner cedes the mic to Kooley High emcee Charlie Smarts for a verbally-agile guest 16 (“I’m back, leaving dudes confused / as I count the titties on some twins like it’s two plus two.”), before returning to lace verse three with some more sober reflections on the street life. Like what you’re hearing? You can find this gritty selection and much more on J. Capri’s Face in the Crowd street album, scheduled to drop April 1, via RefinedHype.com.
Written by JRTheWriter on 03/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Place in the Game" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.