Some women – and some R&B singers – will agonize over a rocky relationship for an eternity before cutting loose a fella who isn’t living up to their expectations. Unsigned up-and-comer (and first-time featuree) Jazzy is not one of them. On new single Just for the Record, making its world premiere on our front page, the SoCal-bred soul songstress tells a guy who’s been walking all over her that he’s stepped over the line, and briskly shows him the door. Over Rob Holladay‘s sizzling synth-handclap production, the singer showcases an assertive attitude that, along with the strong songwriting of The Write Chix, J Doe, & Kay Kola, set this single apart from the pack. With the pop appeal on display here, could Jazzy’s big break be far off? For now, those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to more fresh tunes on her Beauty & the Beat LP, set for independent release on May 5.
Written by richard on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.