Some women – and some R&B singers – will agonize over a rocky relationship for an eternity before cutting loose a fella who isn’t living up to their expectations. Unsigned up-and-comer (and first-time featuree) Jazzy is not one of them. On new single Just for the Record, making its world premiere on our front page, the SoCal-bred soul songstress tells a guy who’s been walking all over her that he’s stepped over the line, and briskly shows him the door. Over Rob Holladay‘s sizzling synth-handclap production, the singer showcases an assertive attitude that, along with the strong songwriting of The Write Chix, J Doe, & Kay Kola, set this single apart from the pack. With the pop appeal on display here, could Jazzy’s big break be far off? For now, those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to more fresh tunes on her Beauty & the Beat LP, set for independent release on May 5.
Written by richard on 04/26/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)