Some women – and some R&B singers – will agonize over a rocky relationship for an eternity before cutting loose a fella who isn’t living up to their expectations. Unsigned up-and-comer (and first-time featuree) Jazzy is not one of them. On new single Just for the Record, making its world premiere on our front page, the SoCal-bred soul songstress tells a guy who’s been walking all over her that he’s stepped over the line, and briskly shows him the door. Over Rob Holladay‘s sizzling synth-handclap production, the singer showcases an assertive attitude that, along with the strong songwriting of The Write Chix, J Doe, & Kay Kola, set this single apart from the pack. With the pop appeal on display here, could Jazzy’s big break be far off? For now, those who like what they’re hearing can look forward to more fresh tunes on her Beauty & the Beat LP, set for independent release on May 5.
Listen to More: Jazzy
Written by richard on 04/26/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.