According to the dictionary…ok fine, Wikipedia…Ataraxia is a Greek word for tranquility characterized by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation. In the context of Jazz Cartier’s new video, I think we can take that to mean he’s not worried about anything but rhyming over a new school meets old school beat from Michael Lantz. That’s also a description that fits Cartier’s flows as he moves with a 2012 style that still pays homage to those who came before: “I’m big enough to catch a L / quick enough to catch a Pun.” (If you didn’t get those references, you need to brush up on your hip-hop history.) While this flick won’t be a part of Jazz’ upcoming, Marauding In Paradise album, I have to admit, he’s got me interested in finding out what music is.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.