According to the dictionary…ok fine, Wikipedia…Ataraxia is a Greek word for tranquility characterized by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation. In the context of Jazz Cartier’s new video, I think we can take that to mean he’s not worried about anything but rhyming over a new school meets old school beat from Michael Lantz. That’s also a description that fits Cartier’s flows as he moves with a 2012 style that still pays homage to those who came before: “I’m big enough to catch a L / quick enough to catch a Pun.” (If you didn’t get those references, you need to brush up on your hip-hop history.) While this flick won’t be a part of Jazz’ upcoming, Marauding In Paradise album, I have to admit, he’s got me interested in finding out what music is.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.