According to the dictionary…ok fine, Wikipedia…Ataraxia is a Greek word for tranquility characterized by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation. In the context of Jazz Cartier’s new video, I think we can take that to mean he’s not worried about anything but rhyming over a new school meets old school beat from Michael Lantz. That’s also a description that fits Cartier’s flows as he moves with a 2012 style that still pays homage to those who came before: “I’m big enough to catch a L / quick enough to catch a Pun.” (If you didn’t get those references, you need to brush up on your hip-hop history.) While this flick won’t be a part of Jazz’ upcoming, Marauding In Paradise album, I have to admit, he’s got me interested in finding out what music is.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.