According to the dictionary…ok fine, Wikipedia…Ataraxia is a Greek word for tranquility characterized by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation. In the context of Jazz Cartier’s new video, I think we can take that to mean he’s not worried about anything but rhyming over a new school meets old school beat from Michael Lantz. That’s also a description that fits Cartier’s flows as he moves with a 2012 style that still pays homage to those who came before: “I’m big enough to catch a L / quick enough to catch a Pun.” (If you didn’t get those references, you need to brush up on your hip-hop history.) While this flick won’t be a part of Jazz’ upcoming, Marauding In Paradise album, I have to admit, he’s got me interested in finding out what music is.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.