According to the dictionary…ok fine, Wikipedia…Ataraxia is a Greek word for tranquility characterized by freedom from worry or any other preoccupation. In the context of Jazz Cartier’s new video, I think we can take that to mean he’s not worried about anything but rhyming over a new school meets old school beat from Michael Lantz. That’s also a description that fits Cartier’s flows as he moves with a 2012 style that still pays homage to those who came before: “I’m big enough to catch a L / quick enough to catch a Pun.” (If you didn’t get those references, you need to brush up on your hip-hop history.) While this flick won’t be a part of Jazz’ upcoming, Marauding In Paradise album, I have to admit, he’s got me interested in finding out what music is.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.