There’s a reason why Jazmine Sullivan‘s debut album is titled Fearless; as our very own Nathan S. pointed out in his review, “she’s not afraid to sing about topics that even most rappers stay away from.” This approach has been so successful for the Philly native that she has been rewarded with five Grammy nominations. On her third single, she reveals that, though she can handle Lions, Tigers & Bears without breaking a sweat, the prospect of asking a longtime friend for more than friendship has her a little frightened. In the end, however, Sullivan realizes that it’s better to try and fail than never to try at all. Complete with a light-then-heavy production from Salaam Remi, Lions, Tigers & Bears has pounced on Urban AC radio, making its move for Urban Mainstream on January 12.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.