There’s a reason why Jazmine Sullivan‘s debut album is titled Fearless; as our very own Nathan S. pointed out in his review, “she’s not afraid to sing about topics that even most rappers stay away from.” This approach has been so successful for the Philly native that she has been rewarded with five Grammy nominations. On her third single, she reveals that, though she can handle Lions, Tigers & Bears without breaking a sweat, the prospect of asking a longtime friend for more than friendship has her a little frightened. In the end, however, Sullivan realizes that it’s better to try and fail than never to try at all. Complete with a light-then-heavy production from Salaam Remi, Lions, Tigers & Bears has pounced on Urban AC radio, making its move for Urban Mainstream on January 12.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.