There’s a reason why Jazmine Sullivan‘s debut album is titled Fearless; as our very own Nathan S. pointed out in his review, “she’s not afraid to sing about topics that even most rappers stay away from.” This approach has been so successful for the Philly native that she has been rewarded with five Grammy nominations. On her third single, she reveals that, though she can handle Lions, Tigers & Bears without breaking a sweat, the prospect of asking a longtime friend for more than friendship has her a little frightened. In the end, however, Sullivan realizes that it’s better to try and fail than never to try at all. Complete with a light-then-heavy production from Salaam Remi, Lions, Tigers & Bears has pounced on Urban AC radio, making its move for Urban Mainstream on January 12.
Written by Burmy on 12/11/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)