Though many, if not most wedding vows contain the phrase “till death do us part,” 40 to 50 percent of American marriages nonetheless end in divorce or permanent separation. Clearly, “Forever Don’t Last too long these days.” On her junior set’s second single, follow-up to May’s Meek Mill-assisted Dumb, Jazmine Sullivan mourns a supposedly eternal relationship that’s falling apart after just three years. As she looks back on the good times and grieves for her dashed hopes over an unknown producer’s downbeat boardwork, the ragged edge in her voice underscores the emotional force of her lyrics. Fans should keep it locked for the latest on Sullivan’s Reality Show LP, which has yet to receive a drop date from the label brass.
Written by richard on 09/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.