Good music comes from the heart. But sometimes great music comes from throwing furniture around and doing some good ol’ fashioned venting after a messy departure from a significant other. On 10 Seconds, Jazmine Sullivan’s second single (the first was the Booth approved Holding You Down) off her forthcoming album, the peerless crooner channels her inner Mary J. and puts her foot down, as well as gives the boot to her ex. Frequent r&b hitmaker Salaam Remi does well to create a slow, soulful beat that holds up to Sullivan’s impressive vocal range as she hits just about every note imaginable on the song, moving from soulful to diva in a span of less than two bars. While making a split is hard enough, this song should help you on your way to getting like Stella (you know, your groove back?). If only every breakup had such a sweet soundtrack. If you liked this no excuses anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for her latest project, Love Me Back, hitting media shelves November 2.
Written by Sigurd on 09/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.