Good music comes from the heart. But sometimes great music comes from throwing furniture around and doing some good ol’ fashioned venting after a messy departure from a significant other. On 10 Seconds, Jazmine Sullivan’s second single (the first was the Booth approved Holding You Down) off her forthcoming album, the peerless crooner channels her inner Mary J. and puts her foot down, as well as gives the boot to her ex. Frequent r&b hitmaker Salaam Remi does well to create a slow, soulful beat that holds up to Sullivan’s impressive vocal range as she hits just about every note imaginable on the song, moving from soulful to diva in a span of less than two bars. While making a split is hard enough, this song should help you on your way to getting like Stella (you know, your groove back?). If only every breakup had such a sweet soundtrack. If you liked this no excuses anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for her latest project, Love Me Back, hitting media shelves November 2.
Listen to More: Jazmine Sullivan Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need U Bad" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.