One good turn—or, as the case may be, one dope guest verse—deserves another. Having recruited the up-and-coming emcee’s mic-murdering services on The L@st LOL and Purple Clouds, two cuts off his DJBooth-sponsored (and acclaimed) Diagnosis: Success street album, perennial reader fave K. Sparks returns the first half of the favor on What I Know, JAYVINE‘s first feature as a headliner. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this lyrical banger finds beatsmith Kurser slicing and dicing an eerily familiar fusion-jazz sample (anyone ID that for me?) as the Double Up Entertainment labelmates take turns lacing the beat with witty, allusive punchline rhymes; JAYVINE taking an aggressive, no-nonsense approach on the mic and Sparks seizing the opportunity to show off some of his freshest double-time flows. The project to which this joint is attached has yet to receive a title or drop date but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest release details.
Written by richard on 10/17/11
Double Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Honey Dips" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.