One good turn—or, as the case may be, one dope guest verse—deserves another. Having recruited the up-and-coming emcee’s mic-murdering services on The L@st LOL and Purple Clouds, two cuts off his DJBooth-sponsored (and acclaimed) Diagnosis: Success street album, perennial reader fave K. Sparks returns the first half of the favor on What I Know, JAYVINE‘s first feature as a headliner. Making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, this lyrical banger finds beatsmith Kurser slicing and dicing an eerily familiar fusion-jazz sample (anyone ID that for me?) as the Double Up Entertainment labelmates take turns lacing the beat with witty, allusive punchline rhymes; JAYVINE taking an aggressive, no-nonsense approach on the mic and Sparks seizing the opportunity to show off some of his freshest double-time flows. The project to which this joint is attached has yet to receive a title or drop date but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest release details.
Written by richard on 10/17/11
Submit your Rating
Double Up Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Honey Dips" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.